March 16, 2023
Home Builder Video Messaging Tips for Online Sales Consultant Follow-Ups
In today’s world, quick response times and excellent customer service are key to a successful home building, real estate or development business. Whether it is noon or midnight, customers expect a representative to be available to answer any questions throughout the home buying process. Hiring an online sales consultant (OSC) as your company’s first line of contact boosts customer service by enhancing follow-up through digital tools and additional touch points. One way OSCs can make a lasting impression is with video messaging.
Video messaging tools are typically an extension of an internet or desktop application. The tool allows online sales consultants to screen record, virtual chat or both simultaneously. Screen-recorded videos can be sent via email or other communication methods to prospective homebuyers or leads in the follow-up stage.
Why Use Video Messaging?
While video messaging has many benefits and purposes, the most important factor of video messaging is customer satisfaction. Providing customers with quick, valuable responses and follow-ups, video messaging is an incredible tool that every home builder or real estate developer should use.
According to BYVI, teams that use video marketing tools grow revenue 49% faster than those that do not. Allowing companies to share beneficial knowledge with home buyers in an intriguing and visually appealing way, video messaging is likely to receive more engagement than other forms of messaging. To add the impact of human touch, allow OSCs to incorporate their faces within the video or encourage them to perform follow-ups via virtual calls.
It also allows them to send personalized video that is more engaging than an email follow-up a prospective home buyer might receive from a competitor. This unique follow-up tool can assist in your community or home building company standing out among your competition. Hiring an OSC with characteristics customers will appreciate, including enthusiasm, organizational skills, expert knowledge, and more, is vital.
The Best Video Messaging Tools
With hundreds of video messaging tools, finding the perfect fit for your home building or real estate company can be difficult. Researching and analyzing each tool and looking for specific features that will fit your company's wants and needs is essential. According to BYVI, here are a few of the top-rated video messaging platforms for businesses:
• Videoask – An asynchronous video platform that allows users to create a sequence of prerecorded videos that show up based on recipient answers. This tool has the feature to collect testimonials from prospects and clients in video form. Talk about a great way to get testimonials from happy homeowners!
• Loom – This video messaging application is ideal for creating quick video recordings to share with prospective home buyers and existing clients. This platform allows users to screen and video record simultaneously.
• DeckLinks – Industry professionals can use this tool to video narrate existing sales materials and share the video presentations with their prospects via a live, trackable link.
• Vidyard – This video messaging platform allows sales representatives and OSCs to record their screen and camera to create and share videos through a link or embedded on a webpage. This platform reports analytics, such as video opens and viewing times. This tool has plugins for Salesforce and HubSpot, which is a big help for home builders or real estate developers already using these platforms.
How to Incorporate Video Messaging in the Follow-Up Process
Regarding the home buying process, follow-up is one of the most critical steps. This is the perfect time for online sales consultants to impress the prospective home buyer and turn warm leads into sales purchases. Incorporating video messaging helps the follow-up process stand out from competitors’ customer service while keeping prospects engaged – helping them take the big step of buying a new home.
There are several ways to utilize video messaging in your follow-up process, but finding the perfect type for your company is challenging. The best way to discover which video messaging platform and style is through trial and error. A few video messaging styles for your homebuilding and real estate developing team should try are:
• Video Introductions – Send prospects a video of your team, online sales consultant or sales representative introducing or re-introducing themselves. Be sure to show personality!
• Virtual Chat – If your prospective buyer has several questions, invite them to a virtual chat to share valuable information smoothly and efficiently. Consider a walking tour of the home or community while you chat.
• Video Follow-Up – send prospects a video of your OSC answering their specific questions regarding their home search. A personalized video can really add that extra touch to the home buying experience and move them along in their home buying journey.
• Product Video – Incorporate a video of your prospect’s potential home, community, or amenities allowing them to reimagine their new life there.
At Milesbrand, we take pride in delivering exceptional marketing strategies, branding campaigns and creative designs to expand your home builder brand. Contact our team today for additional information on how we can support your online sales and lead nurturing strategies to enhance your customer experience.